Research Associate – Department of Horticulture and Landscape Architecture
Manager – Potato Certification Service
Colorado State University
San Luis Valley Research Center
0249 East Road 9 North
Center, CO 81125
Phone: 719-754-3496, ext. 20
- M.S. Potato Physiology, Colorado State University, 2003.
- B.S. Plant Science, University of Idaho, 1979.
Kent’s soul-mate is Barbara. They have three children, Julie, Kyla, and McKenzie. They enjoy outdoor activities wherever they are and enjoy living in the San Luis Valley of Colorado.
Kent has been involved in seed potato certification since college graduation. He has served at the Manager of the Potato Certification Service since July 2003. Responsibilities include conducting field, storage, and greenhouse inspections during the potato growing and shipping season. He also visits with growers on site concerning their seed increase program and farm management. Record maintenance, annual reports, and training additional inspectors and rouging crews are also part of his job description.
- Potato Association of America
- National Potato Council – Seed Certification and Disease Management Subcommittee
- United States Potato Board: Seed Task Force Committee
Return to SLVRC Personnel